Everywhere you go, it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Although the holidays are among many people’s favorite time of year, home invasions and drunk driving could hamper your holiday fun. Keep your holiday cheer by adhering to the following safety guidelines from your friends and neighbors at Freedom Bail Bonds.
How to Keep Your Holiday Season Safe!
- Don’t Drink and Drive During the Holidays – If mom’s eggnog has you feeling warm and fuzzy, it may be the alcohol in her special concoction. According to the Centers for Disease Control, roughly thirty people die from alcohol-related drinking and driving accidents every day in the United States. Don’t add to this statistic during the most wonderful time of the year! Always choose safety first. If your loved ones are unable to help you get home, call a taxi or safe ride home.
- After Gathering ‘Round the Fire, Put It Out – Did you know twelve percent of home candle fires occur in December, according to a report issued by the National Fire Protection Association?  This fact may alarm you, which is why you must always remain diligent about blowing out candle flames before bedtime and never leaving a lit candle unattended. Remember to keep flammables (e.g., tissue and wrapping paper, wood kindling, holiday wreaths, etc.) away from flames.
- Protect Your Property and Possessions – Even though you and your loved ones are feeling the season’s warm and cozy glow, criminals will be feeling the urge to rip off your possessions while you’re not home. Avoid being robbed by locking all doors and windows, ensuring that dark areas around your property are well lit, and making sure your gifts aren’t visible from main windows. Be aware of strange people in your neighborhood, posing as couriers or delivery people who may actually be thieves planning to ransack your home.
- Keep Children Close While Holiday Shopping – Who would ever deny the joys of shopping for Christmas gifts? This popular tradition, albeit fun, does present safety challenges for children. While holiday shopping with your family, designate a meeting spot for your children to reconnect with you or another family member if you get separated. In case your child does get lost, make sure you teach them their full name, address and telephone number, and how to ask for help from police and store security officers.
- Remember to keep yourself safe while shopping during this high retail traffic season – Avoid falling victim to heartless thieves and muggers by shopping with a friend or family member, and only use ATMs in the daytime or in a well-lit area. Remember to stay aware of your surroundings, and to never overload yourself with so many shopping bags and packages that you look vulnerable to potential thieves.
At Freedom Bail Bonds Georgetown, we want you to have a safe and holly jolly Christmas. If your family member is in a bind this holiday, call Freedom Bail Bonds at 1(800)766-7002. In the event of an arrest, our discreet, professional agents will answer your questions, and help you or a loved one get the help they need.